Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Those Nice People at Kroger

will give you a $.04 (yes that is four cents) discount when you take your own bag. Now I'm not sure if that is for each bag or for all of them as I only had one bag and didn't ask the cashier. She was already looking at me kind of weird anyway. I guess that's what happens when you buy 3 Lean Cuisines, 2 different kinds of mints, and a pint of peanut butter-chocolate ice cream. Thanks to Nancy's handy-dandy calculator, I did figure out that it will take another 50 trips to Kroger until I break even on the $1.99 I spent on my grocery bag.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

According to my mother, it is 4 cent per bag that you dont take! (And I should remind the kroger people that my bag says it holds 2-3 bags worth of stuff!!)

Jackie said...

Oh, I'll have to remember that the next time I'm there as that big Aldi's bag is at least equivalent to 3 grocery bags worth.